[pmwiki-users] Using MathML?

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Aug 16 08:40:54 CDT 2005

On Aug 15, 2005, at 8:59 AM, David Spitzley wrote:

> I've set up a wiki for my doctoral dissertation research, and after
> beating my head against the MimeTex recipe unsuccessfully (I think
> I've got execute permission problems), I've been considering just
> using MathML for displaying equations, since I'm using FireFox
> which supports MathML.  My question is what people think would be
> involved in enabling it in PmWiki.

Can you send links, and a little more background, like an example of
an equation in text format, how MathML is going to be used (display
in the browser?  As a graphic in-line image?)?  What operating system?

It should be relatively simple to create a custom markup like:

(:mathml equation_filename.jpg equation here :)

And have the wiki pick up the equation, pipe it to MathML, and have
MathML name the graphic into the uploads folder, for example -- and
PmWiki to display the graphic in the page if the filename already
exists?

If it's not returning a graphic of the equation, it goes to show how
little I understand :)

Crisses
--
I cannot be all things to all people.  I am just me and you get what
there is, not what you ask for.