[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 17 20:44:34 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 01:15:09PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On 8/17/05, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
> > What happens if I as a writer don't want the H1 on a page, but it's
> > hard-coded in the template?
>
> If the H1 is not displayed, why would the writer care?  {
> display:none; } to the rescue.

Some environments and applications don't understand "display:none".

> > Or if I want the browser title bar to say one thing, and my H1 to be
> > worded a little differently
>
> Solution: Have title-as-h1 only if there's no h1 markup in the wiki page.

Or even use

   (:title browser title bar says one thing:)
   (:notitle:)
   ! H1 is  worded a little differently

No special magic required.

I don't think that "!" in the markup should automatically imply a
change in the displayed title.  That's what (:title:) is for.