[pmwiki-users] Q: preferred way to include wiki pages with recipes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 17 21:08:57 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 12:11:59PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> function IncludePageLib($location,$recipe) {
>     $Locations = array('skin' => '$SkinDir',
>                        'cookbook' => '$CookbookDir',
>                        'local' => '$LocalDir');
>     $PageStorePath = "$Locations[$location]/$recipe/wikilib.d/\$FullName";

Unfortunately cookbooks can be either in $FarmD/cookbook or cookbook.
Or, really, there's nothing that says cookbooks have to be in
cookbook -- they can really go anywhere.  I think I like the
dirname(__FILE__).'/wikilib.d/$FullName' approach.

> it doesn't matter which. I thought wikilib.d because the pages
> are part of a library of scripts and I expect they will
> include documentation pages, Site configuration pages, and
> so on. They can also get updated when a new release comes out,
> like regular wikilib.d/ pages.

The original formulate was wiki.d/, because that's where Hans
was putting pages in the GeminiSkins (assuming that site admins
would then copy those pages into the site's wiki.d/).  Since then
I think the convention has been to use wikilib.d/ .