[pmwiki-users] Re: (:include:) like <!--wiki:put_your_pagenames_here-->

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu Aug 18 13:26:04 CDT 2005

Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> On 8/18/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>>I don't remember exactly what I said, but since that discussion it's
>>been my intent that (:include:) would process multiple page sources.
>>It's just another instance where the implementation lags the decision
>>making a bit.  :-)
>
> It might have been the thread where Christian (I think) asked what
> would happen with a line like
>
> (:include Page1 Page2 Page3 lines=1-10:)
>
> Which is where I got the idea to try it.  It wasn't a documented use,
> but then, until recently, pagelist wasn't fully documented but no less
> real for all that.

IMHO, would be nice to have a pagelist/search option that includes
the first so many lines (e.g. like an include of pages) of each
file.  This allows for an easy news-like page that can gather
the 1st so many lines together from the pages returned by
a qualified pagelist.

Thus a blog would also be satisified in some ways.
For example, use the calendar cookbook, add text to the
day page and a separate page would pull in a number of lines
if not all of the lines of the results of the search/pagelist.

Just another idea.  I've tried to create my own pagelist
type to do this... but so far I've failed.