[pmwiki-users] (:include:) like <!--wiki:put_your_pagenames_here-->

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:37:04 CDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Hans <design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Thursday, August 18, 2005, 5:45:49 AM, Bronwyn wrote:
> > I'm using
>
> >         <!--wiki:$Group.PukkaSideBar $SiteGroup.PukkaSideBar Site.PukkaSideBar-->
>
> Just being curious: why do you have both
> $SiteGroup.PukkaSideBar and Site.PukkaSideBar  in the above?
> Would  $SiteGroup.PukkaSideBar not be enough?
> (since $SiteGroup = 'Site'; as default and something else otherwise?)

I like to cover my rear with an 8'x4' sheet of steel.  If they've
changed $SiteGroup and the names of the included pages, the pages
load.  If they've changed $SiteGroup but not the names of the included
pages, they will still get loaded by Site.Page.  It's a fairly simple
thing for me to do, versus a busy admin having to fix problems with
the sequence.

The calls for view-dependent pages in Lens will be even more ironclad:
1. group+view: $Group.TitleBlock-$View
2. view alone: $SiteGroup.TitleBlock-$View, Site.TitleBlock-$View
3. group alone: $Group.TitleBlock
4. fall back to defaults: $SiteGroup.TitleBlock, Site.TitleBlock

If I'm doing this configure-with-wikipages thing, then I'm doing it
with my full ass.  The above covers view and/or group customizations,
with a reasonable order of precedence, plus contains fallbacks for
those who have not enabled views.  This will pay off, since I will
only have to maintain one complex skin, instead of two
slightly-but-very-importantly-different complex skins.

Bronwyn