[pmwiki-users] Re: How to indent first line of a paragraph only?

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Sat Aug 20 06:44:24 CDT 2005

Hello,
In reference to:
http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2005-July/015407.html

> Lastly, if we can come up with a good markup for "paragraph indent"
> I'm not opposed to adding it to the distribution.

1. Para's(or any Block's) First-Line indent:
CSS:
.line-indent {
text-indent: 20px;
margin-left: 20px;
}
MARKUP (_|)
_|Some text with its first line indent. Some text with its first line indent.
Some text with its first line indent.

For more indenting:
__|

2. Para's(or any Block's) First-Line outdent:
CSS:
.line-outdent {
text-indent: -20px;
margin-left: 20px;
}
MARKUP (|_)
|_Some text with its first line outdent. Some text with its first line
outdent. Some text with its first line outdent.

For more outdentation:
|__

Presently,
'->' does indenting for the "whole para", whereas
'-<' does para outdenting for the first-line(same as 2 above but with 40px
margin-left). If the overall left-margin has to be maintained then 40px for
outdenting would be better.

I hope the markup is ok and easy to remember or should we use the other way
around?
Regards.
V.Krishn