[pmwiki-users] Secure Group with dbauth

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 25 14:28:05 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 06:37:18PM +0000, François Bekaert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to secure a group of pages to users. I have the login and the
> passwords crypted by md5 in a sql table. I wanted to know how I can do this :
>
> - Whatever the page of this group asked, if the user is not logged,
> redirect to a login form.

First, let's assume you're using just authuser.php.  To force logins,
you simply set the read password for the group to be "id:*".  This
requires that a visitor be logged in before he/she is permitted to
view the page (and redirects the visitor to a login page if not logged
in).

Now then, for the sql component- could you send me an example
md5-encrypted password record from the sql table?  It'd really help
if you could send a corresponding cleartext password for the as well,
but I can work with just the encrypted value.  With that information
I can give you the code that will authenticate logins against the
sql table (and I can possibly incorporate it directly into the
authuser.php script).