[pmwiki-users] commentboxstyled.php

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Aug 25 16:59:14 CDT 2005

On Friday, 26 August 2005 12:46 AM, Hans <design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>Thursday, August 25, 2005, 1:32:58 PM, Pierre-Marie wrote:
>> I just install commentboxstyled.php  to remplace commentbox.php : I
>> obtain

>> 14:27 by Pierre79 : >>messageitem<<
>
>> my comments my comments
>

>> Perhaps messageitem is wrong ? I just remplace without modification
>> else ...
>

>>>messageitem<< is right. It is div markup.
>so the script needs pmwiki 2 beta 44 upwards.
>
>But I may have missed something else.
>If you use custom formats for $MPTimeFmt etc you would need to revise
>these.
>Sorry I see the script should not be used as straight replacement for
>commentbox.php without revision of custom fmts.

That's correct.

I'll have a look at this nice enhancement soon, but I /really/ need
to get our Wikipublisher library finished and released first.

I'll probably not call it 'styles' as what you have done is tag its
semantics, thereby making it easy (for example) to hide comments if
desired -- it's a much bigger enhancement than just style. :-)

So when I get to it, I'll look at what else we might like to do,
such as put a 'Show/Hide comments' link by the comments. Or
'Resort comments' to change the display order... But first, we'll
get it marked up correctly.

Good thinking!

--
JR