[pmwiki-users] help with CSS in skin based on PHPNET

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Aug 26 09:04:44 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 09:58:23AM -0400, Janice Heinold wrote:
> I am creating a wiki skin based on PHPNET. The template that I create will
> be used for both wiki and non-wiki pages, so for the moment, I converted
> the .tmpl file to .html for me to easily visualize and test my styles. My
> sample page and the css file are here:
>
> http://www.sci.tamucc.edu/stweb/pagetemplate/sample.html
> http://www.sci.tamucc.edu/stweb/pagetemplate/phpnet.css
>
> THE PROBLEM: I need to be able to bold certain entries in the sidebar.
> However,  <strong> isn't working in the sidebar; only  <b> works, which I
> know isn't the preferred way.

You seem to have two rules defined for "#mainwikisidebar strong", one is
on line 127 and reads:

    #mainwikisidebar strong { font-weight:900; white-space:nowrap;
      margin-left:4px; margin-right:2px; }

and another is on line 188 and reads:

    #mainwikisidebar strong { font-weight:normal; }

Of course, the later rule wins.  :-)