[pmwiki-users] recipes & recipes / pmwiki.org structure

Patrick Ogay lists at basel-inside.ch
Sun Aug 28 04:44:11 CDT 2005

I made some reflection on the pmwiki.org structure.

There is a lot of development and document activities on pmwiki.org, and
that's what I like about pmwiki.
I like very much "recipes" like MarkupHints , but IMHO we should  make a
difference between functional extentions and dokumentation.
For a wiki maintainer it's really getting hard to find what he is
searching for. For example some markups, also features.

I appreciate  that the "Skins" link is accessible  from  the SideBar
now, I think it would help, to have more "direct" documentation links on
the SideBar, too.
Also in the edit window a direkt link to all markups would be necessary
- Markups like attach: or Attach: (?:-) or include, version... are basic
markups, my brain can't remember.
The {$version} IHMO  should be displayed in the pmwiki distribution, for
example in the SideBar.

I often *edit* someting, to check up a markup. There  should be a
possiblity to allow  "edit" a protected site, without having the
possibliity to save. ?action=specialbrowse would be a possibility.

For a clearer wiki structure, I propose that cookbook has a SideBar of
it's own.
In my personal wikis I usually split the SideBar in a the top which  is
called Main.GlobalSideBar, which is displayed in all groups. and  the
normal Group.SideBar.
Beside of that I have the possibility to fill the Main.HeaderBar, where
I can navigate in the groups or place some special buttons like
AllRecentChanges (there are also possibilities to have user specific
bars, which I don't use at the moment).
Example:
http://www.os-services.ch/pm/developers/index.php/Projects/HomePage
user/pw:  pmwiki  pmwiki

May be it's a possibility to get a clearer pmwiki.org structure.
I know, the major disadvantage of a wiki, is, that it tends to be chaotic:-)

Bye way, is there a [@ @] like comment available?
Often it would be extremly practical to comment a markup that doesn't
work yet, or hide a internal remark or dokumentation link.

regards
Patrick Ogay