[pmwiki-users] Re: Persistant Spam even with blocklist

Bob Atkins bobatkins at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:32:46 CDT 2005

Wendell Brown <wbrown <at> arkie.net> writes:

> There used to be a way around BlockList2 if they clicked "Save and
> Edit".  If that is the issue, the most resent version is supposed to
> resolve the issue.
>
> You might also want to try the MTBlackList Cook Book.

I'm using blocklist2 version 2.2.2. Is there something more recent?

I forgot to mention that I'm already also using MTBblacklist as well!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by clicking on "Save and Edit". From the edit
page I only have buttons for Save, Preview and Reset. I'm using pmwiki-1.0.11.
>From the documentation I've found it looks like the "Save and Edit" bypass
is/was a problem with one of the beta versions of 2.something.

I know 1.0.11 is something of an old version, so there may be issues there. I
don't think version 2 is out of beta yet, or if there will be an easy upgrade
path.

I was wondering if maybe the spammer was putting in some undisplayable
characters which were screwing things up, but I don't see anything odd in the
HTML generated after he's somehow managed to save the file.