[pmwiki-users] Problem with wiki page

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 29 18:11:00 CDT 2005

> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 08:18:51PM +0200, Robert Bielik wrote:
> > I some time ago setup PmWiki for the svagg project
> > http://svagg.sourceforge.net . I haven't had any time
> > for svagg for some months, but now I thought I'd check up the page. And
> > all of a sudden, it doesn't work
> > anymore. Click on the link above to see the error message.

As a quick fix, you can try this (after doing a backup, of course).

Move the data to read-write space:

    cd pmwiki   # or whatever directory has the wiki.d/ directory in it.
    mkdir -p /tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data
    mv wiki.d /tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data
    ln -s /tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data/wiki.d

Create a writable directory for sessions:

    mkdir /tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data/sessions
    chmod 777 /tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data/sessions

Then add this to your config.php file:

    ## Writable place for session data
    session_save_path('/tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data/sessions');

I'm not sure if this works.  It might.

    mv uploads /tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data
    ln -s /tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data/uploads

If not, try adding this to your config.php file (pmwiki-2.0.beta31 or newer):

    ## Place uploads outside the document tree.
    $UploadDir = '/tmp/persistent/svagg/pmwiki-data/uploads';
    $EnableDirectDownload = 0;

On 8/29/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> SourceForge changed their web site policies a few months ago,
> you might check out http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SourceForgeServers
> and see if it helps.

SF.net *said* they were going to do it on months ago, but I don't
think they actually remounted the project web space read-only until
recently.

I'll send an email to the developers of this project.

http://edata.sourceforge.net/

Hagan