[pmwiki-users] New skin: Lens

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:15:56 CDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 02:17:17PM -0400, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> > So, Pm, could you turn on (1) the Lens skin, and (2) the View Modes
> > script, for Cookbook.Lens?  It needs both for a really useful demo.
>
> Does the lens skin really need to be in three separate directories?
> Somehow I would like to see it all in one "lens/" skin directory
> instead of three (possibly with subdirectories).

It uses separate folders so that:
* I can use the same skin in multiple configurations at the same time,
while having files stored centrally to avoid duplication and
maintenance hassles.
* $Skin and the skinchange recipe work as normal.  (The obvious thing
to do was to put each theme in its own directory, with saved
configuration, and forcibly load the shared stuff, so that's what I
did.)

I also suffer from the tidy-filesystem bug, but I couldn't think of a
good way to do all that while storing everything in one directory.  If
someone has a clever idea that will let us have a directory structure
like this

/lens
	/@shared
		/css
		/images
		/wikilib.d
	/sample
	/newtheme
	/whatever
		/css
		/images
	/and_so_on
		/wikilib.d
		and_so_on.tmpl

and it doesn't nix any wanted future features, then I'd be happy to
try.  The wanted future features are a form to configure the theme,
and theme-specific files stored separately from the core files -- much
like how PmWiki can have layered customizations.

Bronwyn