Fwd: [pmwiki-users] RSS from authuser protected groups/pages

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:00:12 CST 2005

Whoops, forgot to copy to the list.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Waylan Limberg <waylan at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 2, 2005 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] RSS from authuser protected groups/pages
To: "H. Fox" <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net>

On 12/1/05, H. Fox <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Firefox 1.5 has the following changelog entry:
>
>     As part of the "Clear Private Data" feature, a way to
>     clear HTTP Auth information.
>
> Found at http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/releases/1.5-comprehensive.html
>
> Hagan

Yeah, but their is no way (at least I hope not) to clear that from the
server. The user has to do that on the client end. Besides, the way I
understand it, thats not to log out, but so that the browser doesn't
remember your user name and password next time to launch the site,
even after closing the browser. Personally, on my personal machine
which noone else uses, FF saves all my passwords and automaticly fills
in the login forms for any site I've visited before. Sure beats trying
to remember what I used where. And it's nice to know that if I want I
always can remove those for my protection. Even if that wasn't the
case, do you really want to say "To logout, select Tools > Options >
Privacy > Passwords > View Saved Passwords, select mydoman.com from
the list and click Remove, then Ok > Ok."? I doubt it.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com