[pmwiki-users] Kind-of Blog, a blog for PmWiki

sven saurwein saurwein at komit.at
Thu Dec 8 15:22:26 CST 2005

>>>Yeah, I noticed that too.  I'm not really sure what the best way to do
>>>that would be.  Right now, the post form is very, very similiar to the
>>>post form used for WikiCalendar, since that's what I used as a
>>>starting point.  When a post is created, the system time is used to
>>>construct a formatted time string that is put inside (:div...:) markup
>>>to create the timestamp.  It would be pretty easy to take the *date*
>>>from the dropdown list and the time from the system.  Would that be an
>>>acceptible solution?
>>
>>oh yes, that would do the job nicely!
>>BTW I was just testing the blog-to-past feature cause it is implemeted.
>>I dont consider this a key feature for a simple news tool.
>

> Either way, it's fixed and attached as v1.0.2.  Thanks for the feedback!

great. just implemented the new recipe and it works well.

> Ahhh... now I see what you're saying, and I agree.  Consistency is
> very important!
>
> I think it would be pretty easy to make the *preview* use the same
> form, but editing will be more difficult.  I think it would involve a
> new action, something like "?action=editentry" for the "edit this blog
> entry" link.  I'll have to think about it more...

if u come up with a solution for this, Ill sure be implementing this for
various sites I manage. Not as a full fletched blogging tool, but as an
easy to implement-and-use news engine.
Im so feed up with implementing  feature boasted www.blogger.com in
websites that have news as only one part of their menu.

>>I think this is rather diffcult to realize, but sure would be a big step
>>for this great recipe.
>

> I'm glad you like it!  Feedback like this helps me figure out what
> people want out of a blog.  Let me know if there's anything else,

Ill fiddle around with ur script myself and see what I can change with
my limited php knowledge, but here's a wishlist
:
(*) can the title of the post be the permalink?

(*) put the archive calendar on the digest/singlepost page - only
current month (include?)

(*) different css classes/div containers for day-month-year and
hour-minute-timestamp

(*) GUI edit buttons for the postings textarea (low priority:-)

the only support I can give is extensive testing, so just keep me
uptodate with any changes on ur recipe and I will provide u with
detailed feedback.

thx a lot
sven

(BTW shouldnt we double post some of the Q:A on the pmwiki recipe page
for people not on the mailing list?)