[pmwiki-users] Nested divs needed for blog styling...

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:00:34 CST 2005

On 12/12/05, Mikael Nilsson <mini at nada.kth.se> wrote:
> Given this new format, how would I best go about adding a list of recent
> posts to the blog, that only displays their titles? I'm thinking of
> something that can be included in the sidebar...
>
> I could do it by using the RSS feed and display that using i.e.
> magpierss, but is there a wiki way?

Hmm... let's see if I understand my own code.

RSS and the digest draw off the same low-level procedure:
get_raw_digest().  The two just handle the result differently.  With
the new post format, I think it would be possible to either
parameterize digest or define a new function that uses the blog entry
titles while ignoring their content.

So short answer:  it'll be doable in wiki, eventually.  You won't have
to muck with exporting then re-importing RSS.  It'll probably happen
after 1.1 though.

Ryan