[pmwiki-users] List of Categories in use

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 12 13:21:03 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:19:29AM +0100, Mikael Nilsson wrote:
> sön 2005-12-11 klockan 22:02 -0600 skrev Patrick R. Michaud:
> > > Instiki has
> > > AllPages, a super-sitemap which lists not only existing pages, but
> > > *also* orphaned pages and wanted pages (ones that don't exist, but
> > > ought to).
> >
> > I can come up with a couple of places where this would be quite useful.
> > Any suggestions as to what the option to (:pagelist:) ought to be
> > named for this (i.e., fill in the '???' below):
> >
> >     (:pagelist ???=missing:)    # wanted pages
> >     (:pagelist ???=orphans:)    # pages w/o references
>
> How about just special=missing?

I'm thinking it's going to be "refs=":

    (:pagelist refs=missing:)    # wanted pages
    (:pagelist refs=orphans:)    # pages w/o references
    (:pagelist refs=existing:)   # pages with references

We may eventually come up with a similar option for attachlist:

    (:attachlist refs=missing:)
    (:attachlist refs=orphans:)
    (:attachlist refs=existing:)

Better names for any of the above is greatly welcomed.

> While on the subject of pagelists, I've come across a number of
> situations where I've wanted to tailor the pagelist display. Today,
> there are essentially two approaches (correct me if I'm wrong):
>
> 1. Use fmt=simple, and modify the $FPLSimpleIFmt variable (and related
> variables).
> 2. Create a new formatting function, add it to $FPLFunctions, etc.

As mentioned previously, there's also Cookbook.PageListTemplates, which
I'm currently looking at adopting into the core somehow.