[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Useful default pages (was: Profiles.HomePage)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Dec 13 09:29:31 CST 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 10:57:02AM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > > One can exclude group home pages from pagelists (either Group.Group or
> > > Group.HomePage) by using
> > >
> > >     $SearchPatterns['default'] = '!([^.]+)\\.($1|HomePage)!';
> >
> > Maybe excluding the homepage is a useful option for (:pagelist:)? Not sure
> > I'd use it... I might however like an option that excludes the *current*
> > page.  Just a thought.
>
> I've been thinking that excluding the current page should be built-in
> to "list=normal".

Sounds good. The one exception I can think of right now is if it were
possible to generate a trail index page dynamically from (:pagelist:).
I've brought that up for discussion quite a while back, but I can't
remember what came out of it. The idea would be that you'd like to use the
result of (:pagelist:) to generate a trail. For instance:

	SomeTrailIndexPage:
		Bla bla .. this is a trail index page.

		* [[Cool page 1]]
		* [[Cool page 2]]
		(:comment Now find the rest of the pages automatically:)
		(:pagelist weird-trail-tag-or-whatever:)

In this particular case, maybe it'd be nice to have (:pagelist:) return a
link to the current page? OTOH, we would hardly use 'list=normal' for
this.

Ok, so I got seriously off-topic here.

/C