[pmwiki-users] Properties

Sebastian Siedentopf schlaefer at macnews.de
Tue Dec 13 14:17:36 CST 2005

Not much reaction so far, but overall I think this is a good idea.

If I correctly understand the implementation, in php the saved
properties will be accessed via

   $page = Readpage(...);
   $myproperty  = $page['propertyname'];

If so, what about $SavedProperties set by a script (we use it for
hidden meta informations, i.e. page view counter)?

If we set (:title ...:), the title property is saved. If we delete
the markup from the page, the title property is deleted at the
moment. Do we have to explicitly delete properties in the future, or
will this happens automaticly?

I think for some properties it would be usefull that $SavedProperties
should only be deleted (not longer saved) when explicitly stated via
(:property -name:). Maybe we can declare this properties analog to
$SavedProperties with a $RetainedProperties variable?

Sebastian