[pmwiki-users] RSS Subscription Automation

Alan Perryman A.Perryman at student.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Dec 14 05:46:19 CST 2005

*Was* going to post another newbie question but I decided I should solve it
instead. So I will post my results :)

The wiki I'm setting up at work will be for fairly non-IT literate people
if it becomes common place, and I wanted them to have the ability to use
RSS without having to go through the hoops of managing the bookmarks in
firefox.

Adding this line:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml"
href="http://10.35.11.91/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.RecentChanges?Action=RSS"
title="WikIT RSS Feed" />

into the pmwiki.tmpl gives the RSS subscription icon in firefox (formerly
an orange triangle on the taskbar - now a blue button in the address bar)
which allows the very easy subscription to the RSS feed.

I hope this helps someone else too...

Alan P