[pmwiki-users] PresenceAwarenessLight

Luigi kirpi at kirpi.it
Wed Dec 14 18:30:20 CST 2005

PresenceAwarenessLight seems to be a smart and quite interesting recipe, in that
it let us keep an eye on who is doing what and where within our wiki, live.
It does work compact, doesn't ask for much space on the screen and, due to the
(x)ajax approach, doesn't eat that much bandwidth.
I rate it an important (though optional) component of many collaborative
environments, as co-workers are easily informed about other's actions. In a way,
it might also help avoiding concurrent editing of the same pages, at times,
which is a safe approach.

At the moment, PresenceAwarenessLight requires UserAuth, while the "default"
user-based authentication seems to be (more and more) AuthUser.

Question: would it be feasible to slightly hack the code in a way that it (also,
or instead) work with AuthUser?

I think that such a modification would both benefit PresenceAwarenessLight, for
it will be usable by the many (me, as well) who adopt AuthUser, and help pmwiki
AuthUser itself, for it will gain even more strenght as the "default"
authentication, the pmwiki users not being attracted (and confused) by other
concurrent authentication recipes for whatever reason.

What do you all think, please?
Luigi