[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Blog proposal

blues blues4u at supereva.it
Thu Dec 15 10:41:11 CST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:12:51 +0200, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>> i know is always nice to have the maximum freedom... but i just imagine
>> a pagelist full of links where we don't know if belonging to a blog
>> or just normal wiki pages.
> I'm curious -- does it matter?  Why make a distinction between "blog
> pages" and "normal wiki pages"?

ok, i suppose a visitor that makes a search doesn't care if the information
he wants is in a blog entry or not, i speak about a webmaster/site admin.
imagine a site with thousand pages...
of course we can also say that in a wiki the concept of "webmaster" is
quite loose as everybody is (potentially) an author.
in any case, i think it can come handy sometimes to have the possibility
to distinguish between them. maybe could be enough to have the
possibility, through (:bloglist:) or (:pagelist:), to list all pages of
all blogs or all pages who are not part of a blog.

>> >* An author can use (:blog OtherBlogTrail:) to post the current page
>> >  to blog trails other than the default.
>> the post can go in the blogtrail of another group?
>> in that case the page can be in a Group1 but be part of a
>> blogtrail in Group2? quite confusing...
> I'm not saying that's the normal case, but I don't see any reason
> to say that an author *couldn't* do it that way.  As an example,
> I might want to have a "Blogs" group for all of the blog trails
> ("Blogs.Pm", "Blogs.Alice", "Blogs.Bob"), while the individual
> blog entries can go into groups based on other criteria.

fair enough! i can see the advantages of this.

>> >* When displayed, a page containing a (:blog:) directive
>> >  automatically receives a blog header and footer, defined
>> >  either within the blog trail page or by Site.BlogTemplate.
>> Site.BlogTemplate means that it is the same for the whole site,
>> i would say better to be different for each blogtrail.
> I'm thinking we allow both options; a blog trail can specify
> the header/footer for the blog, but if not specified in the trail
> then the blog entry receives the site default settings.

yes, that's better. full flexibility. :-)

blues