[pmwiki-users] Unifying variables, attributes, properties, part 2 (attributes)

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:08:19 CST 2005

On 12/15/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Wow, that's cool.

I think that merits repeating...

Wow, that's cool.

I was resistant to you suggestion at first, but now that I see what it
can do... well... Wow, that's cool.

Although, it has occurred to me (both now and in the past when dealing
with the include problems) that an object oriented approach could
potentially address this issue. Each page, (whether called from
(:include:) or <!--wiki: or otherwise) would create a new instance of
the class and would make all variables in that instance independant of
any other instance. Of course, this would require a complete rewrite
of the core and would probably be better done when PHP5 becomes mature
and common (a few years down the road?). Perhaps some goals for PmWiki
version 3?? ;-)

--
----
Waylan Limberg