[pmwiki-users] Unifying variables, attributes, properties, part 2 (attributes)

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:07:51 CST 2005

On 12/15/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> Here are some generic thoughts on the use of object-oriented
> approaches in PmWiki.  First, some background:  I've been doing

Hey, thanks for the explanation. At times I asked myself why you
didn't do something the OO way. Then at the same time, I'm amazed at
some of your procedural solutions (like the $EditFunctions array -
which made the EditTitle recipe simple once I figured it all out).
Personally, I tend to prefer procedural code in PHP as well. The OO
syntax is just to confusing IMO and seems to just complicate things at
time. However, I really like other OO languages like Python.
Unfortunately, I just haven't have the time to explore them fully.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com