[pmwiki-users] Beginner's text formatting question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 16 10:42:28 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 11:08:27AM -0500, Curtis, Clayton wrote:

>    I'm trying to indent a block of lines to which I've applied
>    (:linebreaks:), but can't figure out how to do that. Prefixing the markup
>    with "->" doesn't have an impact, and applying to the first line of the
>    block indents only that one. I worked through the documentation I could
>    figure out might apply, including the master markup index, to no avail.
>    While an answer to the specific question would be helpful, telling me
>    where I should have looked to find how to approach this would be even
>    better! <smile>

We only recently introduced the capability to do this easily,
so it's not really in the documentation yet.  (If you can figure
out where to put it in the documentation, please do so! :-)  But
the answer is to indent the second and subsequent lines to align
with the first character of the first line:

    (:linebreaks:)
    -> Here is some indented
       text with line breaks
       in the middle of the text.