[pmwiki-users] Home Pages in (:pagelist:)s

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Fri Dec 16 13:34:31 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 02:14:18PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> On 12/16/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > Also, it's possible (although perhaps not advisable) for us to put
> > several templates on a single page and refer to them by anchor,
> > should we have separate pages for each template or place common
> > ones on a single page?  One advantage of embedding templates
> > in a page with anchors is that we can have the description of the
> > pagelist format associated with the template itself.  The
> > pagelist command to load them is then:

  Wow, I always thought it was a little annoying to have
many little page templates, never occured to me to put them
on the same page!

  Yes, I really like the ability to add a description too
(outside of the template but on the same page).  I
definitely saw a need for that when developing the recipe!

  Originally I thought it would be neat to be able to define
a template inline, but then dismissed it because I didn't
know how to do it. Anyone have any thougths on this?  This
would be nice for small one time tweaks on pages.

(:pagelisttemplate  group=... :)
* {=$Fullname}
(:pagelisttemplateend:)

> What if we have a default template page defined in config.php (which
> defaults to Site.ListTemplates or something)?

  Sounds like a good place to me.

> Then if no page is
> specified, the default is used. Then we could do:
>
>      (:pagelist template=#titles :)
>      (:pagelist template=OtherPage#titles :)
>      (:pagelist template=OtherGroup.Page#titles :)
>      (:pagelist template=AnotherPage :)
>      (:pagelist template=SomeGroup.Page :)
> --

  I love it!  Now you've made :