[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: stack overflow

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 21 10:21:50 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 11:20:34AM +0200, blues wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:43:45 +0200, Patrick R. Michaud
> <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >PmWiki already generates an absolute uri for redirect, unless
> >the value of $ScriptUrl is set to not include the hostname.
> >By leaving $ScriptUrl at the default, or using a value of $ScriptUrl
> >that includes the hostname, the redirect lines will contain an
> >absolute uri.
> my personal opinion, though, is that in the html the URLs should be
> relative while in the "Location:" header is the HTTP specification which
> require it absolute. what do you think about it?

Oh, I prefer that as well, but there are several areas where relative
urls don't always work properly -- "Location:" being a new one that
I wasn't aware of.  :-)  So, if we set $ScriptUrl to be a relative
url instead of an absolute one, then we need another variable to
represent the absolute one, and we have to be sure that both are
set properly when an administrator customizes one or the other.
*That's* the tricky part.