[pmwiki-users] Tooltips

bram bram at brambring.nl
Wed Dec 21 15:07:06 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 06:57:00PM +0100, bram wrote:
>

>>In the new feeds.php script I found some new page 'variables' :
>>description and excerpt.
>>
>>I was wondering about using these as tooltips in wikilinks. Not as alt
>>or title tags but using javascript.
>>

>>Has anybody been looking into this or something similair?  I did a quick
>>try and it is not very hard to achieve however thjs method required
>>changing the existing LinkPage.
>>
>>Would there be a method without alterning or replace the LinkPage
>>function of any other function in pmwiki.php?
>>

>It can be done in the next release, but it's not available yet.
>Also, we haven't completely decided what the excerpts tag should
>contain -- see my post at
>http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2005-December/021147.html .
>
>Pm

I did  a quick try using a wrapper arond LinkPage:

http://test.brambring.nl/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StartPagina

Hover over the Kaasfondue and ZoekmachineAanmelden links ( with
javascript on)

I have to play with the Pm code a bit more, now the action links have
the wrong tooltips.

But I think the result is quite fun

bram.