[pmwiki-users] Re: Request for changing the default upload policy

Mikael Nilsson mini at nada.kth.se
Wed Dec 28 12:18:55 CST 2005

ons 2005-12-28 klockan 11:55 -0600 skrev Patrick R. Michaud:

> Another possibility is to simply create scripts/secure.php, and
> then someone wanting high security can do:
>
>     include_once('scripts/secure.php');
>
> Then we can stay with just a single sample-config.php file,
> and the sample include line can go at or near the top of the
> script (with appropriate explanation of what to do with it).

The major problem with this is that it's not really a pure add-on, but
it *modifies* the settings of a number of configuration variables. So
unless you *don't* set these variables later in config.php, this
actually does nothing.

Shipping an additional sample config has the advantage that it's 100%
clear what happens.

(And basing the argument on directory structure alone does not seem
right to me...)

/Mikael

--
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose