[pmwiki-users] RSS bug with feeds.php Pmwiki 2.1 Beta14

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 29 09:18:52 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 12:41:33PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> On 12/28/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > Since WikiSandbox didn't contain a trail, there wasn't a list
> > of pages to be included in the rss feed and it gave the
> > error.  For the time being I've fixed it to return
> > an empty feed.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Pm
> >

> I've suggested this before but never got any feedback on it. What if a
> page that didn't contain a trail (or any type of list to generate a
> feed) returned a feed of the page's history? That way, one could
> subscribe to a feed of a single page to monitor changes only to that
> page. Of course, the page history would have to be publicly readable
> (too many readers just can't handle auth) otherwise the empty feed
> would be appropriate.

It might be possible to return the history of the feed, but it's
actually a much different animal than a list of pages, if only because
it requires returning and processing a different data structure.

So, it's a possible option at some point, but I'm not anywhere close
to being able to implement it.  Plus I'd need to see how much demand
there is for it (PmWikiPhilosophy #3), so perhaps we should just put
this in PITS for the time being.