[pmwiki-users] Re: dictindex Re: 2.1.beta15 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 29 12:37:50 CST 2005

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 04:22:04PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, bram wrote:
> > My first assumption would be that it is not possible to create a
> > dictindex fmt using templates?????
>
> Oh... let's hope not...
>
> It'd be very neat if that was at least possible by defining some
> additional (minor) markup.

If we just want to organize pages by letter, it can be done by
introducing a couple of new page variables (easy).  I'm guessing
we'd have something like {$Group1}, {$Name1}, and {$Title1}.

But if we want to display a letter index at the top of the
output, as extdictindex.php does, then it becomes much trickier
because we have to have something that can extract out the leading
letters from all of the pages in the list and build the appropriate
anchors.  I'll have to think on that one a bit.