[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Root README.txt With a docs/ Directory

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 31 03:44:30 CST 2005

On 12/30/05, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless... what if we let the text files be generated from wiki pages? For
> instance, README might simply be text taken from PmWiki.README. Patrick
> could probably automate this process pretty easy, and if necessary lock
> the pages.

Good idea.  Cutting and pasting is probably adequate, since the
content won't change much.

> Anyway, if I understand this correctly, the person installing this only
> has a problem if:
> * He has no internet connection, and
> * He has not yet installed the wiki software

The text files in docs/ would be useful for connected users, too.

There's also the person who is

  * Still deciding whether or not to install, or
  * Upgrading to a new version, or
  * Adjusting their configuration

> In this case, you feel separate documents are needed?

Absolutely, because friendliness to the newbie admin is a priority.

Hagan