[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 129

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Dec 31 14:12:57 CST 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 07:48:55PM +0100, Han Baas wrote:

> On 31-dec-2005, at 19:01, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
>
> >1.  Add an option to (:searchbox:) to tell it which page
> >    (instead of Site.Search) to use to display search results.
> >
> >2.  Modify ?action=search so that if the current page has
> >    a (:searchresults:) on it, then use it to display the
> >    search results instead of Site.Search.
> >
> >#2 seems to be more intuitive to what authors and admins would
> >expect.  We could also do #1, just to provide even more flexibility.
>
> Both are good, but I prefer #1: it is in line with pagelist templates.

For #1 we need to define two options (and I need to know
appropriate names for each).

One option needs to allow the author to say "have the search
land on XYZ page instead of the current page."

The other option needs to allow the author to say "display the
results of ?action=search using XYZ page instead of Site.Search".