[pmwiki-users] Re: Question about HTML output for link targets

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 2 15:42:20 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:28:39AM -0600, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Regarding having a discussion page w/n a page for discussion. The MediaWiki
> approachis to have a "Talk" page. On one of my sites
> (http://gmtoolbox.org/Espace), I implemented this by appending _Talk to the end
> of the page name. Then, I think it would be a fairly simple matter to exclude
> _Talk pages from searches. (I should add that we "talk" via email forum
> normally.

I've been looking at a similar idea for a comments extension; but I'm
also starting to think that this ultimately becomes a form of subpages
(both in the UseMod sense of subpages, and in the MediaWiki sense).

However, subpages would also be a way for us to support page drafts;
i.e., to have _Draft pages.

> Alternatively, if colons (:) were allowed in page names, you could have
> "Talk:PageName," which is much more MediaWiki-esque.

Yes, unfortunately I think that colons confuse things too much with
InterMap links.  (Perhaps I'm wrong about this?)  I was thinking of
using the tilde character (~) for this, as in
PmWiki.DocumentationIndex~Comments, PmWiki.DocumentationIndex~Draft,
etc.

But I'm still working on it.