[pmwiki-users] Fake (:markup:) needed

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Feb 2 16:16:31 CST 2005

Hi

I'd like some directive that can be used to create the same effect as
(:markup:), but for directives that doesn'nt already exists. Maybe an
example will make this more clear. Imagine that I'm trying to
demonstrate what the directive (:my-red-italics:). If that directive
worked, I could simply write:
	(:markup:) [=
	* Bla bla (:my-red-italics oh, cool - this is in italics!:)
	=]
However, since (:my-red-italics:) doesn't work I can't use (:markup:), so
I'd therefore like some alternative way to make the result on the page
look the same way (i.e. stuff in two boxes within dashed lines separated
by a horizontal line). I'm not sure exactly how this "fake-markup"
directive would look like, but maybe something like this could be used:

	(:fake-markup-code:) [=
	* Bla bla (:new-markup oh, cool - this is in italics!:)
	=]
	(:fake-markup-result:) [=
	* Bla bla ''oh, cool - this is in italics!''
	=]

This directive would be useful for when discussing how you *want* new
directives to work.

/Christian