[pmwiki-users] searching inside attachments

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Tue Feb 8 04:58:30 CST 2005

Leo schrieb:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:10:56 +0100, malexism (f) <malexism at free.fr> wrote:
>
>>Leo a écrit :
>>
>>>... search
>>>inside attachments
>>
>>It's possible to ask Google to search inside your domain. Including a
>>Google search is simple.
>>
>>marc
>

> Google is not even a consideration.
> One Wiki is off-line most of the time while
> another is corporate and would not let Google anywhere near it.
> I am looking for a strictly local solution.
>
> --Leo--

what about using swish-e (http://www.swish-e.com/) ? it's fast, open
source and flexible.
you run it locally creating the indexes and there are some php(3+4)
scipts as well. I've set up my own php-script a few month ago (on an old
swish-e installation) it could be even embedded into pmwiki. Are you
familiar with php ? Otherwise I can have a look to do the implementation
for searching as a pmwiki-markup.
in which environment is your pmwiki running and the docs are archived ?

Knut