[pmwiki-users] Migrating Discussion list issues . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 9 13:37:03 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 01:22:53PM -0600, Ben Wilson wrote:

> Just a random thought, and probably not in the right direction.
> However, that's rarely stopped me before. :-)
>
> I have a PmWiki site that works in tandem with a discussion list.
> Since those on the list also write pages, I set the PmWiki mail
> function to send daily updates of page changes to the discussion list.

Actually, come to think of it, that's also how the Perl development
issue tracker works -- updates to the tracked issues (web-based) are
forwarded to the relevant lists.

> Perhaps you could follow a similar approach? Perhaps have the mail
> function on a per-group or per-category mechanism. Then, when somebody
> had a PITS-related issue they could just update the web page. The
> group receives an email about it and can discuss while also managing
> the page itself.

This is an excellent idea.  I'm not exactly sure what form the
update message should take, beyond saying that the page was updated.
It'd be nice if the messages to the list could also give a good idea of
what changed in the entry -- perhaps if we used a comments form to
update PITS entries (instead of editing the page outright) it'd
be easier.