[pmwiki-users] Calendar recipy

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 10 07:49:13 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 02:12:22PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> >* I don't have a pub/css/ in my standard installation? Should there be
> >  one?
>
> You'll need to create it. It's not clear to me where recipe .css files are
> supposed to go. It's not a skin, so it doesn't belong in pub/skins.
> So I left the .css where it was in PmWiki 1.

Recipe .css files probably belong in pub/css/.  The distribution no longer
creates one as there aren't any non-skin css files distributed with PmWiki 2,
but pub/css/ is still used for per-page and per-group .css files.

We could also see about standardizing a pub/cookbook directory, but
I think that's just creating too many directories.

> And it was just too hard to come up with a new name and markup.
> The name 'wikilog' creates no pre-conceived notions about what
> it "should" do. All the others I could think of were freighted
> with too much cultural baggage.

Also, PmWiki may have its own calendar implementation in the
distribution one of these days (in the not-too-distant future),
and it'll be nice that we can distinguish the two as "wikilog" versus
"calendar".

> >Oh, and I think some of the defaults should different (international dates
> >for instance... right now I got an entry for 10.02.2005...).
>
> That is a piece of childish antipodean revenge for all the
> software that comes pre-configured to 8.5 by 11 paper and
> 2/10/2005 dates. As you say, it's configurable.

And that's often the problem:  Everyone wishes their own configuration
preferences are the package default.  :-) :-)