[pmwiki-users] Re: Calendar recipy

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 10 09:52:13 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 04:30:39PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:

> > Recipe .css files probably belong in pub/css/.  The distribution no longer
> > creates one as there aren't any non-skin css files distributed with
> > PmWiki 2, but pub/css/ is still used for per-page and per-group .css files.
>
> Ok, but then I think it should create the directory during "setup"
> (together with wiki.d/). Isn't there a chance that the access rights get
> wrong for this directory otherwise?

No, this would be very wrong.  PmWiki should only create directories where
PmWiki itself (along with any loaded cookbook extensions) needs to be
creating/writing files in response to author actions.  Directories that
contain files coming from the distribution or the wiki administrator
(e.g., cookbook recipes) should be owned by the administrator's account,
not by the webserver.

Since css files aren't created or updated by PmWiki, they don't need to
be in a PmWiki-writable directory.