[pmwiki-users] page naming oddity or bug

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Thu Feb 10 09:56:12 CST 2005

At 2005-02-10  09:45 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>In the last item ("Testpage" versus "TestPage"), they're both the same
>page, and Windows doesn't care if the 'P' is capitalized or not.  The
>file will always be created with whatever case was used by the last
>edit.

This is fine for my purposes, and causes no confusion, nor does it break
any links.

However, Main.WikiSandbox behaves differently. The filename does indeed
change, but PmWiki search seems to find both names (box vs. Box)  even
though only one exists. In the case of TestPage, PmWiki search only finds
the latest spelling.

Again, this does not cause any problem, it just makes the search result
look strange. Is Main.WikiSandbox some kind of "special" name or file?

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668