[pmwiki-users] pmwiki 2.0.beta21 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 13 16:35:58 CST 2005

I've just released PmWiki 2.0.beta21, which incorporates some minor
bugfixes.

The biggest change that exists (which really shouldn't affect anyone)
is that PmWiki 2 now defaults to a umask value of 002 instead of 000,
which slightly improves file security on some sites.  If you don't know
what "umask" means and everything continues to work, then you don't
need to worry about it.  However, if you start seeing file permission
errors where PmWiki used to function correctly before, then try adding
the line

    umask(0);

to your local/config.php and let me know about it so I can figure out
what went wrong.  :)

In addition, this release:
  - adds a DisableMarkup() function for "turning off" selected markups,
  - changes the <title> tag produced by ?action=rss to correctly honor
    pages' (:title:) directives
  - fixes some minor bugs in HTML generation of simple tables,
  - corrects some bugs in setting $AuthorPage and $AuthorLink variables, and
  - improves the v1-to-v2 conversion script slightly for select cookbook
    recipes.

Questions, comments, suggestions welcome as always on the pmwiki-users
mailing list.