[pmwiki-users] Table of content generation

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Feb 16 17:05:43 CST 2005

On Thursday, 17 February 2005 11:27 AM, Pierre Rouzeau <pierre at rouzeau.net> wrote:
>Hello,
>after having fighted for some time to have the NumberedHeaders recipe
>working with the John rankin Table of contents recipe, i have gone ahead
>and decided to build myself my table of content.

Can we perhaps add your numbered header markup to the table of
contents script? This /should/ be fairly straightforward.

The NumberedHeaders recipe appears to use '°' (which is shift-option-8
on my keyboard). So I think it ought to be a matter of changing the
match expression to look for this as well as ! marks. However, the toc
script also has to insert anchor markups, so NumberedHeaders' use of
Keep causes a problem for toc, as I understand it.

Can you perhaps use a <hn> element, but with a class attached to it
to control indent? This is what I do in the PublishWikiTrail script
and it seems to work for me.

This may be a cleaner way to do it, as you can then let PmWiki
take care of the html tagging, and not have to 'keep' the output.

It would be good if the 2 recipes could co-exist, rather than
creating another toc capability.

If you like, I'll have a closer look at numheaders and see if I can
maybe see a way to make the 2 work together.

>Please note that i have not been able to understand how does work the
>recipe page table of content of John Rankin, so cannot use the same
>method...

Every time I go back to the table of contents script, I find myself
wondering how on earth I ever got it to work. ;-)

--
JR