[pmwiki-users] Periodically clear WikiSandbox?

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Thu Feb 17 11:26:14 CST 2005

At 2005-02-17  11:17 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 08:06:51PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> > However, I should probably (re-)publish my cookbook recipe that
> > automatically clears the sandbox (or any other page) after N
> > minutes of inactivity.
>
>Now available at  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AutoRestore .

It is unclear to me how this works.

Does the "autorestore" actually replace the wiki.d version of the page with
the wikirev.d/ version? If so, that means that any experiments authors have
tried will be wiped out, and will not be visible in history.

I was hoping that there would be a facility which deleted all of the
contents of the page and replaced it with a "this page is erased every x
minutes" message. Authors could still see past experiments by using history.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668