[pmwiki-users] PMWIKI Newbie

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 18 21:18:52 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 04:58:31PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Aloha from Kauai, Hawaii:

Aloha!

> How do I create a new home page for our new internal wiki and keep all
> the present PMwiki pages? All I can see is that I would have to start
> editing (and there by destroy) the existing PMwiki reference pages.

Just start creating pages on top of the existing site.  You'll probably
want to place your pages in a separate WikiGroup -- most of the
PmWiki reference pages are in the PmWiki group, so you can just
place your pages in a different group (e.g., "Main"), and that way
you won't have to worry about interference with the PmWiki reference
pages.  For more details about this see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiGroups.

If you have any other questions, please ask!