[pmwiki-users] Beta 21: RSS, AllRecentChanges, etc.

Grorge J. De Bruin gdb at soundchasers.com
Mon Feb 21 00:19:04 CST 2005

Hi Patrick,

I've installed Beta 21, and see that you did work
on handling the title directive, but it doesn't
appear to be working correctly. :(

Here's what I am getting when I append action=rss
to the Main.AllRecentChanges URL:

<item>
<title>Blog / 200502200954</title>
-<link>
http://www.soundchasers.com/index.php?n=Blog.200502200954
</link>
[ ... ]
</item>

What would be more desirable is to see:

<item>
<title>Update: Added Extended Markup</title>
-<link>
http://www.soundchasers.com/index.php?n=Blog.200502200954
</link>
[...]
</item>

Moreso, it appears that a little glitch has worked
it's way into things.  Now the AllRecentChanges,
and RecentChanges pages are getting incorrect
links.  They are getting:

* [[Blog.Update: Added Extended Markup]]  . . .
February 20, 2005, at 12:48 PM by [[~SndChsr]]

Which is a problem since "Blog.Update: Added
Extended Markup" doesn't exist as a page, since
it's really "Blog.200502200954".  The entry should
(hopefully) look like this instead:

* [[Blog.200502200954 | Update: Added Extended
Markup]]  . . . February 20, 2005, at 12:48 PM by
[[~SndChsr]]

Note: I realize that formatting it this way would
add a bit to the RecentChanges and
AllRecentChanges pages.  I don't think all entries
should be formatted this way, just when $Title !=
$Name -- hopefully that would keep the overhead
down for sites that don't use the (:title :)
directive all that often.

Thanks for your assistance Patrick!  I really
appreciate the attention you've given this item...

// George