[pmwiki-users] Excel and CSV copy/paste into pmwiki?

David Wierbiki dave at myrikgames.com
Thu Feb 24 12:20:17 CST 2005

We're been testing numerous wiki software packages for use in our game development.  pmwiki is by far the one I have liked the best.  It's versatile, has a great community and allows for easy customization.

My creative team needs the ability to copy/paste MS Excel or CSV worksheets into the wiki.  The only wikis that actually come with this functionality are subscription services, and we are not prepared to do that.

I found this site: http://area23.brightbyte.de/csv2wp.php which allows copy/pasting of CSV files and then a "convert" button is pressed after choosing your settings to produce a converted page for pasting into mediawiki.  But overall we don't want to go with mediawiki having a preference to pmwiki.

Has anyone come up with a solution for allowing Excel or CSV worksheets to be pasted into pmwiki?  I saw there was one for v1 in the v1 Cookbook, but that involved more steps than my team can handle.  We really need to be able to collaborate our project as we're spread out all over the US, and pmwiki would be my first choice if the worksheet matter can be worked out.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance anyone can offer.

Dave