[pmwiki-users] Proposed change to password memorization

Sven Opitz VGer at gmx.info
Thu Feb 24 13:23:52 CST 2005

Hi Patrick R. Michaud,

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:03:12 -0600

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> My proposal is to have the session's passwords automatically
> forgotten whenever the "change attributes" form is used.

  I think, that would be too much.
  Let me explain. When I made my PmWiki-Page, I went crazy about this
  myself. Then I changed for different reasons to the cookbook recipe
  UserAuth and changed the dropdown skin to work with it in a way i like,
  that means all controls, that identify the page as a wiki are shown
  only, when logged in. In doing that I revented further crazy going
  without having expected it. But I _see_ now, if I am logged in.

  So, yes, put in action=logout, that will come handy, once PmWiki2
  supports named users.
  But the best effect would be to give a visible feedback, if you are logged
  in. That was in my experience the key element.

--
Sven Opitz