[pmwiki-users] Oops! Upload Wipes User Edits!

Hans design at flutesong.net
Mon Feb 28 11:54:57 CST 2005

Monday, February 28, 2005, 4:38:07 AM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Then being a total newbie,.. he click hits "Upload"
> instead of "Save."

I am sorry this happened. I will make changes for the next upgrade to
the Gemini skin so that no menu buttons will appear underneath the edit
window. In edit mode they are not necessary anyway, and as you pointed
out, may be misleading. Meanwhile you can remove the "upload" link
from the page Main.PageFooter, or rename it to "Attach" or something
similar. The gemini skin allows you to customize the top and bottom
menu as you wish through editing the respective menu pages.

I do prefer the save button to be at the top of the edit textarea, but
maybe there could be one at the bottom as well. Since the edit
textarea is of a specific size, it does not really matter how much
text one has entered, the bottom or the top are always the same
distance away, and on a 1024 by 768 display the whole edit area
including all the buttons at the top can be seen. It is perhaps just
individual preference if a save button is at the top or bottom. I
usually click preview before saving, and for preview I need to scroll
down. Then it is quicker to scroll all the way up and click save. With
a save button underneath the edit area I would need to scroll only
part of the way up, which takes me longer. That is my personal reason
why I prefer one more than the other.

Best,
~Hans