[Pmwiki-users] Three Questions

Theo Armour theo
Sun Jan 2 15:22:22 CST 2005

Pierre

Thank you for your reply.

I agree with many things you say: "initially rejected all Wikis done by a
lone person" and "short programs are probably better designed".

PmWiki does seem strong. I hope you are right when you say "i really think
you can come on this boat. She will stay afloat".

But then look at all the dead project on Freshmeat and SourceForge. Note
also, for example, the lead developer of Mambo just dropped out of site and
there's been no updates since September. This is a gross simplification of
the story, but the essence is true.

Choosing open source software is a risky business. And yet we know open
source is the way of the future. It's just a bit tricky finding the right
way...

Theo

PS nice aeroglisseur!