[Pmwiki-users] $Name versus $Title

Neil Herber nospam
Wed Jan 5 11:46:08 CST 2005

At 2005-01-05  11:09 AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>I'm not sure where the "Value" heading came from in the MarkupMasterIndex--
>I probably just threw it in there to be adjusted later.  It could probably
>be changed.  However, I don't think "Variable" is the best title either,
>because authors may then think they can somehow "assign" values to these
>markups, or create their own.  Perhaps we're better off calling them
>"page values" or something like that.

I edited the page to include my examples - feel free to chuck them.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/MarkupMasterIndex

It looks like {$Author} and {$LastModifiedBy} do the same thing. Should they??

Also, the {$Title}  markup works on the PmWiki site, but not on mine, even
though they both claim to be beta 14.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/